what is quinoa?
Quinoa, pronounced “KEEN-wah,” is a grain-like seed that has been eaten for 5,000 years by the indigenous people of Peru, Bolivia, Ecuador and Chile, dating all the way back to the Incas. It is widely acknowledged as a “superfood” because it is one of the only foods that comes close to providing all the essential life sustaining nutrients. Quinoa is:
- Extremely high in protein and dietary fiber - it contains approximately seven grams of protein per serving and six grams of dietary fiber.
- One of the only plant-based foods to contain a balanced amount of all nine essential amino acids (such as magnesium and calcium), which makes it a "complete source" of protein.
- Relatively low in calories - one serving of cooked quinoa contains approximately 171 calories.
- High in iron and vitamin B 12 - both of which are essential for energy production and weight loss.
- Low on the glycemic index, so it won't spike your blood sugar and is safe for diabetics.
why keenwah, co?
Keenwah, Co.'s mission is to provide, healthy, fast, & affordable quinoa-based cuisine to anyone who likes eating delicious food that is good for them. Our customers keep coming back because:
We're Healthy: Keenwah, Co.'s menu was created by a team of holistic cooking chefs who advocate the use of whole food eating to promote overall health.
We're Nutritious: Our quinoa is sprouted, which means its nutrients are easily digested, giving your body access to important vitamins and minerals like vitamin C, vitamin B and Carotene.
We're Local: Keenwah, Co. buys seasonal, local produce because it supports our local community, the ingredients taste better and because we love Colorado.
We're for Everyone: Our goal at Keenwah, Co. is to create healthy quinoa meals that are delicious, but also approachable to people who might not be health food fanatics.